Gaylord National is the crown jewel of the newly developed National Harbor, a dynamic waterfront community in Prince George's County, Maryland. A world-class resort hotel and convention center covering 41.7 acres, Gaylord National overlooks the monuments and skyline of our nation's capital. McPhee lead the electrical tri-venture for this project along with sister Phalcon company, JE Richards Electric, and fellow FEC member, Truland Systems. At the time the project started, it was the largest construction project in the United States.
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center is located just outside of Washington, DC. The first class destination features fine dining and casual restaurants, unique shopping experiences, an indoor pool, and a spa and fitness center. This hotel and convention center project included:
- 2,000 guestrooms including 108 lavish suites & 300 VIP Tower rooms
- 470,000 square feet of flexible convention, meeting, exhibition and pre-function space
- 180,000 square feet exhibition hall with 17 dedicated loading docks
- 50,000 square feet ballroom with theatrical stage, 3 additional ballrooms of 30,000, 14,000 and 8,100 square feet
- 74 breakout rooms with maximum flexibility and state of the art technology
- 8,000 square feet of elegant retail shopping inside the hotel
- 6 restaurants
- 20,000 square feet world-class, full-service spa, salon and fitness center
The scope of the electrical work included high voltage equipment and feeders, 600 volt distribution equipment, 600 volt feeders, light fixtures, lighting branch circuits, power branch circuits, fire alarm, theatrical dimming & controls, cable trays, security, lightning protection & grounding, tele/data, MATV, and A/V system. All conduit, wiring, and testing was completed by McPhee. The central plant & site required installation of 15kV switchgear, generator & parallel gear, 15kV feeders, 600 volt feeders, site lighting, site security, and civil work.